Fat-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Gluten-free
Makes: 200ml (6.7 fl oz)
Cuisine: Bridget’s Healthy Kitchen
Difficulty: Super easy
Prep time: less than 5mins
Store: in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know how important sauce, dressings, spices and other condiments are to me. They can turn any bland meal into a delicious culinary journey.
Unfortunately, many condiments are filled with sugars, preservatives and other nasties that aren’t good for us. Luckily for us, I have created many healthy dressings, sauces and spices that’ll brighten up any dish, including my Zesty Dressing.
Lemon and ginger is a wonderful combination, and when you add mint, it makes for a zesty fresh dressing that can be added to salads or used as a dipping sauce for meats.
Get your hands on my award-winning cookbook, More from Bridget’s Healthy Kitchen, for my other healthy sauce recipes. You can also join me on Facebook, where I post weekly recipes and Live cooking classes.
- 90 ml ( 3 fl oz) fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp Maille Dijon Original Mustard, optional
- Pinch Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml ( 2 fl oz) tbsp water
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 green chilli, roughly chopped, optional
- Place all the ingredients into a small blender and pulse until well blended. Taste the dressing for flavour, adding more lemon, water or salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour your finished dressing into a jar with a lid. Store your sauce in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Unfortunately, we wouldn’t recommend substituting the apple for zucchini. However, the Sticky Sauce (with the green apple included) is still very low carb, as you only need to use 1 or 2 tbsp at a time. But if you’d prefer to leave the apple out, we suggest adding 2 tbsp of Sweet as Fibre Syrup instead :) I hope this helps.
Hi – probably a strange question. I am really low carb and use zucchini in other recipes to replace apples, do you think it would work in your wonderful sticky sauce recipe please?
Can not wait to try these
We’re excited for you to try these, Le Vonne! :)
You make look super easy and delicious. Cannot wait to try them out. They will revive my salads and meals!
They’re super easy to make and very delicious :) We can’t wait for you to make them.
Let us know how you get on!
Those sauces look so easily made and tasty. I’m going to try them definitly