Healthy Zesty Dressing
Fat-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Gluten-free
Makes: 200ml (6.7 fl oz)
Cuisine: Bridget’s Healthy Kitchen
Difficulty: Super easy
Prep time: less than 5mins
Store: in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know how important sauce, dressings, spices and other condiments are to me. They can turn any bland meal into a delicious culinary journey.
Unfortunately, many condiments are filled with sugars, preservatives and other nasties that aren’t good for us. Luckily for us, I have created many healthy dressings, sauces and spices that’ll brighten up any dish, including my Zesty Dressing.
Lemon and ginger is a wonderful combination, and when you add mint, it makes for a zesty fresh dressing that can be added to salads or used as a dipping sauce for meats.
Get your hands on my award-winning cookbook, More from Bridget’s Healthy Kitchen, for my other healthy sauce recipes. You can also join me on Facebook, where I post weekly recipes and Live cooking classes.
- 90 ml ( 3 fl oz) fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp Maille Dijon Original Mustard, optional
- Pinch Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60 ml ( 2 fl oz) tbsp water
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 green chilli, roughly chopped, optional
- Place all the ingredients into a small blender and pulse until well blended. Taste the dressing for flavour, adding more lemon, water or salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour your finished dressing into a jar with a lid. Store your sauce in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Can not wait to try these
We’re excited for you to try these, Le Vonne! :)
You make look super easy and delicious. Cannot wait to try them out. They will revive my salads and meals!
They’re super easy to make and very delicious :) We can’t wait for you to make them.
Let us know how you get on!
Those sauces look so easily made and tasty. I’m going to try them definitly