Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | No added fat
Why it’s delicious
Nothing screams Summer louder than a kitschy, cool prawn cocktail. The colours. The flavours. The textures. This literally is summer in a bowl.
Helpful hints + tips
Ground wakame It’s a great idea to buy a packet of wakame (dried seaweed) from the supermarket or Asian store and grind it until it's small enough to sprinkle. I used a coffee/spice grinder to grind mine, but you can also use a food processor or chop furiously with a sharp knife until the seaweed is in small, fine pieces.
- 150 g (5.2 oz) raw (green) prawn tails
- 300 ml (10.1 fl oz) Kombu Water
- 100 g (3.5 oz) lettuce leaves, lightly washed and torn
- ¼ avocado
- ½ lemon, juiced + 1 lemon wedge
- Small handful of basil leaves
- 50 g (1.7 oz) Delish Pickled Onions
- 1 tsp ground wakame
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a small pot at medium temperature and bring the kombu water to a gentle simmer. Add the prawn tails and cook for 60 seconds or until the prawns turn light orange.
- Remove the prawns from the water and allow them to cool slightly.
- Add the lettuce leaves to a bowl or plate in which you intend to serve the salad and top with the cooked prawns, avocado, and a drizzle of lemon juice.
- Add the basil leaves, pickled onions, ground wakame and season with some salt and pepper. Add some more fresh lemon juice and serve with a lemon wedge!