Vegetarian | Vegan | Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Fat-free | Low carb | Dairy-free
Makes 1 cup
Why it’s delicious
For those who like things a little hot, this chilli sauce will become your best friend. With no sugar, oils or gluten, this sauce will make the perfect accompaniment to your dinner!
If you prefer your sauce a little sweeter, I also have a Sweet Chilli Sauce recipe, which you can find HERE.
Helpful hints + tips
Remember that a little goes a long way, so no need to over do it!
You can dial the heat up or down depending on your personal preference and this can be achieved by the type of chillies you choose to use in your sauce. I chose long red chillies, which are mild in heat level compared to smaller red chillies.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) long red chillies, tops removed and discarded and chillies roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cm (1.5 inch) piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 200 ml (6.9 fl oz) apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml (6.9 fl oz) water
- 2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Add all the ingredients to a small pot and heat very gently till it just starts to simmer. Allow the pot to gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Blend the sauce in a small food processor until very well blended and pour into a clean jar.
- Once the sauce has cooled, place a lid on the sauce and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.