Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | No added fats or oil
Makes 2 portions
Why it’s delicious
Most people around the world would be all too familiar with instant noodles, cup noodles, 2-minute noodles or one of the many other varieties or names. As convenient as they are to eat, they are usually loaded with fat, sodium, preservatives and flavourings.
This dish is none of the above but takes in the principles of instant noodles that are healthy, portable and oh-so-satisfying to eat.
Helpful hints and tips
This is a great dish to meal prep in advance and take with you to work or the office. That being said, it's also delicious if you make it just before you eat it!
Wakame (dried seaweed) can be bought from the supermarket or Asian store.
- 500 ml (1 pint) Kombu Water
- 1 tbsp low sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 200 g (7 oz) cooked shredded chicken or turkey breast
- 1 tbsp wakame
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g (14 oz) finely shredded fresh cabbage
- 1 handful of fresh coriander and mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Almond "Parmy" Sprinkle, optional
- Make the broth by bringing the kombu water to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the tamari, ginger and garlic, followed by the shredded chicken or turkey breast. Add half the wakame and allow the broth to gently cook for 10 minutes.
- Taste the broth for flavour, adding salt and pepper if required.
Meal prep instructions
- Allow the broth to cool, and store it in a container or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Keeping all the remaining ingredients by adding them to a container or bento box, separate out the cabbage, herbs remaining wakame and parmesan sprinkle if using.
- When ready to eat, heat the broth and pour the steaming liquid over the top of the cabbage and top with the herbs, wakame and Almond "Parmy" Sprinkle.
Instant eating instructions
- Add the cabbage to a soup bowl and pour over the hot broth. To with the herbs and remaining wakame and sprinkle with the parmesan sprinkle if using.