Gluten-free | Refined sugar-free | Dairy-free | Vegan
Makes 8-10 cookies
Why it’s delicious
I love the texture and tropical flavours of these cookies. Chewy and fabulous, these are a great addition to your healthy cookie jar.
Helpful hints + tips
You will need a food processor for this recipe
- 60 g (2 oz) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 40 g (1.7 oz) gluten free oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat your oven on bake at 180C (350F) and line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the coconut and oats into a food processor and blend until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the banana, salt and cardamom and blend until it forms a sticky dough.
- Add tablespoons to the baking sheet and flatten into a circle with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Karen :)
As soon as I am back on my feet, I will make these. Sound so good.