Refined sugar-free | Gluten-free | Vegan | Dairy-free
Makes 8-10 drops
Why it’s delicious
A quick and simple treat for the one you love… or yourself! These little blueberry drops are such a fabulous treat to store in the freezer when you are ready for a little healthy snack attack.
Helpful hints and tips
Make sure to use good quality, sugar-free dark chocolate. Real dark chocolate is made from cocoa powder and cocoa butter (the fatty portion of the cacao bean), making it naturally dairy-free. Some brands add dairy to their dark chocolates, so be sure to read the ingredients list if you decide to buy some. Alternatively, you can use my Sugar-free Vegan Dark Chocolate.
- 30-40 medium sized blueberries
- 100 g ( 3.5 oz) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 2 whole almonds, roughly chopped
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Give the blueberries a quick wash under cold water and drain the blueberries well on a paper towel.
- Place the chocolate into a metal bowl and set the bowl of a pot of lightly simmering water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water in the pot and also make sure that the water is simmering only. If the water is boiling the chocolate will overheat and cook rather than melt.
- Allow the chocolate to melt gently, stirring with a spatula until the chocolate is liquid. Remove the pot and bowl from the heat but leave the bowl on the pot to keep the chocolate from hardening.
- Lay some non-stick baking paper on a small tray that can fit inside your freezer.
- Using a tablespoon, half fill the spoon with chocolate and make a blob of chocolate on the baking paper. Place 2-3 blueberries on the chocolate, and push them gently into the chocolate to secure. Repeat this step until almost all the chocolate has been used.
- Drizzle the blueberry bites with the remaining chocolate and sprinkle them with the almonds and a couple of grains of salt.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes before eating. Store the bites in a sealed container in your freezer for up to 2 weeks.