Vegetarian | Vegan | Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Fat- free | low carb
Makes ½ cup of salt
Give your salt a kick with this fabulously aromatic salt blend. It stretches your salt, so that you use less whilst still giving your food wonderful seasoning and flavour.
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp ground Himalayan salt
- In a medium sized frying pan set on medium heat, dry fry the fennel and cumin seeds for 5 minutes, shaking the seeds often to ensure they don't burn. The smell should be very aromatic.
- Add the rosemary leaves and heat for a further 30 seconds and then allow the seeds to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the dry roasted mixture along with the salt to a small food processor and process on high speed for 30-60 seconds or until the spices and herbs are well blended through the salt.
- Store the salt in a small jar and use when you need to add a little flavour!