Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | No added fats or oil
Why it’s delicious
You are going to love this simple quick bread! Made with only a few ingredients and a quick cook in the microwave, this bread is perfect to use as a sandwich, under poached eggs, as burger buns or to serve with soups.
- 1 tbsp ripe avocado flesh
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut or almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp psyllium husks
- Place all the ingredients in a small food processor and blend till smooth and well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into a small rectangle or square plastic container and flatten and even the mixture out.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Allow the bread to cool for 1 minute before turning the bread out and slicing in half right through the middle.
- You can serve the bread as is, or grill on a sandwich press or place under the grill (broiler) to toast.
We’re so happy to hear that you love the recipe :) Also, great idea with the spice combo!
This bread was amazing. Added 3/4 teaspoon of salt/pepper/dill combo. Held it’s square shape w/perfect amount of thickness. Will be making this bread often as it’s so easy. Thank you for the recipe.