Gluten free | No added sugar | Vegan
Makes 10 cookies
Why it’s delicious
I created these cookies thanks to a request from my husband who wanted something super portable and great for him to take to the gym for a pre and post workout snack. After researching the benefits of oats, bananas and cinnamon for exercising and health, I came up with this cookie which is a chewy, delicious and healthy version of a granola bar.
Helpful hints + tips
It’s good to use ripe bananas for this recipe as the riper the banana the sweeter the cookie.
For the chocolate chips, you can also use a chocolate block, just chop it up small. As long as you are using SUGAR FREE chocolate, which is available in the health food store or health food aisle of your supermarket, you are winning!
- 100 g (3.5 oz) gluten free oats
- 2 ripe medium sized bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 40 g (1.4 oz) sugar-free chocolate, either chips or a block chopped into small pieces
- Preheat your oven on bake at 180C (350 F) and line a baking sheet with non stick baking paper.
- Into a mixing bowl add the oats, the mashed banana and the cinnamon and mix together to combine. Fold through the chocolate pieces.
- Using a tablespoon, create 10 cookies on the baking sheet, leaving a bit of space between each cookie, and fashion them into rounds with your spoon as best you can.
- Flatten the cookies slightly as well as they will not flatten on cooking, so whatever shape they are in when they go into the oven is the shape they will come out in.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cookie is cooked through and a little golden around the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. These cookies are best stored in the fridge for up to 5 days as they are so wonderfully chewy when eaten straight from the fridge.