Gluten-free | Fat-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Easy Recipe
Serves 1, makes 4 cones
Why it’s delicious
Delicious food wrapped in nori sheets with a fabulous dressing. What could possibly be better? Or what could possibly be easier and faster? I combine my sushi cones with my favourite sushi-style dipping sauce, lime and tamari dressing, which really helps to make this dish fabulous, but please try the dressing on a salad, with steamed vegetables or when you need to give your food a flavour boost.
Helpful hints and tips
I’ve given you enough ingredients for the tamari and lime dipping sauce so you can have some on hand to mix with vegetables and salads!
Tamari + lime dipping sauce
- 10 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1-2 pinches of chilli flake to taste
- 2 nori sheets
- 90 g (3.1 oz) cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 4 slices ripe tomato
- 8 leaves of baby spinach
- 4 leaves basil
- 4 leaves coriander (cilantro)
- For the tamari and lime dressing, mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce in a bowl and taste for flavour, adding more lime juice and chilli to taste.
- Make the sushi cones by cutting the nori sheets in half. Portion and lay the fillings above onto the pieces of nori and roll them into cones.
- Serve alongside the tamari and lime dressing.