Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Keto-friendly | No added fats
Why it's delicious
The spiced beef is the hero of this dish. Well-flavoured and tasty, it partners exceptionally well with crunchy cucumber. Don't be afraid to chop up the fresh herbs and lay them on top for additional flavour.
Helpful Tips + Hints
This recipe requires Bridget's Sticky Sauce, a healthy cooking sauce I use in many of my recipes. It's simple, healthy and packs a lot of flavour without adding unnecessary calories. If you need the recipe, you can get it here.
I've also given you the recipe for my Cowboy Spice blend.
I've used beef in this recipe, but feel free to swap it out with chicken or turkey mince.
- 100 g lean beef mince (ground beef)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp Bridget's Sticky Sauce
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Lebanese cucumbers (small cucumbers)
- A small handful of fresh coriander, basil or mint leaves, finely chopped.
Cowboy spice blend
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare the cowboy spice blend by mixing the cumin, garam masala and cinnamon. Store in a small airtight container in the pantry and use when required.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan at high temperature and break in the ground beef. Stir well with a wooden spoon, and continue to break up the meat as it cooks and browns for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir well to combine. Allow the mince to cook for a further 5-10 minutes, stirring often until the mince is well cooked, browned and dry.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add two heaped tablespoons of the cowboy spice blend, and stir through. Add three tablespoons of Bridget's Sticky Sauce and stir through. Taste the mince for flavour, adding salt and pepper as you deem necessary.
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthways and, using a teaspoon, scrape out the seeds and discard them. Add the mince to your cucumber boats and top with your chopped herbs and a grinding of salt and pepper.
You’re most welcome! We hope you love it as much as us :)
This looks delious and simple to make. Thank you.