Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Grain-free | Plant based | Easy Recipe
Makes 1 small jar
Feel free to use a mixture of fresh herbs, celery and fennel leaves, rocket (arugula) or radish tops.
- 3 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1-2 lemons, juiced and skin zested
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 60 ml (2 fl oz) water
- Mineral salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the herbs, juice of 1 lemon, garlic and water into a blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds until the leaves are small and very well blended. If the pesto seems a bit dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time, blending between each until a green sauce forms.
- Season the sauce with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper and taste for flavour adding more lemon juice or seasoning if required.
- Store the pesto in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (the sauce will go darker in colour, but the flavour will still be there)