November 22, 2022
Ginger Crunch Amazeballs
Gluten-free | Refined Sugar-free | Dairy-Free | Raw | Vegan
Makes 20-30 balls
Why it’s delicious
While testing recipes for a healthy version of ginger crunch, I not only stumbled across these delectable and moreish ginger crunch amazeballs.
I love the taste of fresh ginger and the crunch from the buckwheat - these bliss ball bites can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed as a sugar- and guilt-free sweet treat.
What is buckwheat?
Don’t let the name confuse you, as buckwheat is not derived from wheat, so it's gluten free. They are seeds cultivated from a plant and are rich in fibre and minerals. Buckwheat can help regulate blood sugar and may assist with keeping your heart healthy.
- 90 g (3 oz) gluten-free oats or quinoa flakes
- 60 g (2 oz) desiccated coconut
- 200 g (7 oz) pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 80g (2.5 oz) buckwheat groats
- Place the oats or quinoa flakes into a food processor along with the coconut, dates, ginger, salt, vanilla and avocado oil. Blend for a minute or until the mixture holds together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Add the buckwheat groats and pulse to combine.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and, using very clean hands, roll into 20-30 even sized balls. Store the balls in a jar or covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.