April 25, 2023
Eggy Jar | Omelette in a jar
Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Easy recipe
Why it’s delicious
I like to have as many ways to cook eggs as possible. This method is not only quick but it's versatile and delicious. Perfect when you're cooking facilities are limited or you want something seriously delicious and seriously fast!
Helpful hints and tips
Feel free to add another egg for a larger portion and you can also consider adding cooked chicken, bacon, hard tofu or nitrate free ham.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp non dairy milk like hemp, almond, coconut or macadamia milk, optional
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh herbs like basil, chives, mint or tarragon
- Pinch Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp hemp seeds, optional
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast, optional
- Into a microwave safe jar or mug, break in the egg and add the “milk”, fresh herbs and seasoning. Mix well with a fork and then top the egg mix with the hemp seeds and yeast.
- Microwave the jar or mug on high for 60 seconds and serve immediately.