Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Caffeine-free | Dairy-Free | Vegan
Makes: 2 litres
My Dandy Iced Tea is a powerhouse of goodness thanks to the natural diuretic, dandelion root. Dandelion is known to provide relief because it acts as a diuretic and increases urine output. After a long haul flight, it's also excellent to ease leg swelling from sitting for long periods.
I also use chai spices in this recipe to balance the mind and improve immune health and inulin powder to add soluble fibre and prebiotics for gut health.
The straightforward recipe is super refreshing and highly beneficial.
Hints, Tips & Tricks
Dandy chai tea bags are available in some supermarkets and health food stores. Alternatively, you can make my Homemade Dandy Chai for this recipe.
This recipe also calls for inulin powder, a soluble fibre derived from plant-based sources. It is prebiotic, making it a fantastic ingredient for our gut health, and it's also a healthy alternative to sugar. You can read more information about inulin powder --> here. Or, if you're wondering where to purchase some, we sell 100% Chicory Inulin Powder for home delivery*! Find out more --> here.
- 5 tbsp Pure as Inulin Powder
- Lots of ice!
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, cut into rounds
Ingredients continued (Method 1)
- 2 L (1/2 gallon) of boiling water
- 6-7 bags of Dandy Chai Tea
Ingredients continued (Method 2)
- 2 litres of my Homemade Dandy Chai
- Pour the boiling water over the tea bags and let the tea steep until cold. I make my tea before I go to bed, so it's ready for me in the morning!
- The night before, make 2 litres of my Homemade Dandy Chai.
- When the tea is cold, stir in the inulin powder and taste for flavour, adding a little more inulin powder if you deem necessary.
- Add lots of ice to a glass, pour over the brewed tea, top each glass with a slice of lemon and lime and serve!