Dairy-free | Sugar-free | Gluten-free | Low Carb | Vegan
Cuisine: French | Bridget's Healthy Treats
Course: Dessert | Treat
Difficulty: Super Easy
Prep time: Overnight
Whipping time: 2 minutes
This creamy concoction is a dream come true as it uses no dairy or sugar yet is sweet enough to serve at your next dinner party to unsuspected guests. Yes, it's that good!
This recipe will blow your mind, and the best part is that it's suitable for diabetics and vegans and is good for your gut health.
Hints, Tips & Tricks
It would be best to start this recipe the day before, as the coconut cream/milk needs to sit in the fridge overnight.
You can either use coconut cream or milk for this recipe. Using coconut cream will make the mousse richer, but I would suggest using coconut milk if you're calorie-conscious. Either way, it's still delicious!
This recipe calls for inulin powder, a soluble fibre derived from plant-based sources. It is prebiotic, making it a fantastic ingredient for our gut health, and it's also a healthy alternative to sugar. You can read more information about inulin powder --> here. Or, if you're wondering where to purchase some, we sell 100% Chicory Inulin Powder for home delivery*! Find out more --> here.
As an optional extra, I have added 2 tbsp grated chocolate. Make sure your chocolate is free of sugar and dairy. Alternatively, you can use my Sugar-free Vegan Dark Chocolate.
- 400 ml (13.5 fl oz) can of coconut cream or milk (full fat, not light)
- 1 tbsp Pure as Inulin Powder
- 1- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder, sifted
- 2 tbsp grated sugar-free, dairy-free chocolate (optional)
- Leave the can of coconut cream/milk in the fridge overnight undisturbed.
- The next day, without shaking the can, carefully open it and, using a tablespoon, spoon off the solid cream at the top of the can without disturbing the watery liquid at the bottom. Get as much as you can and spoon it into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle over the inulin powder and, using an electric whisk, whisk for 2 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Sprinkle over half of the cacao powder and whisk until it blends well. Taste for flavour and add more cacao if you like the taste more bitter.
- Spoon into two serving glasses and sprinkle with sugar-free grated chocolate if used before serving. You can also cover it with cling film and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 day before serving.