Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | No added fat
Makes 6 serves
Why it’s delicious
A crust-less chicken quiche is just the thing we need to grab-and-go for a quick breakfast when you’re running out the door. Make these little beauties in advance, and store in the fridge to partake in for your portable breakfast.
Helpful hints and tips
You will need a deep muffin tray, also known as Texas muffin tray to make these quiche and large paper or foil muffin cases.
This recipe requires Bridget's Sticky Sauce, a healthy cooking sauce I use in many of my recipes. It's simple, healthy and packs a lot of flavour without adding unnecessary calories. If you need the recipe, you can get it here.
- 3 tbsp Bridget's Sticky Sauce
- 420 g (14.8 oz) raw chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp Kombu Water
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley, coriander or chives
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F)
- Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan on medium to high and add the sticky sauce and chicken breast. Stir to combine and add the garlic and ginger. Stir and cook the chicken for a couple of minutes until just cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to cool a little. Add the kombu water to the pan and create a little gravy by using a spatula to scrape the base of the pan to extract all the flavours. Remove the pan from the heat.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred the meat and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place 6 muffin cases into the muffin tray holes and crack an egg into each case. Lightly whisk the egg with a fork and distribute the chopped herbs evenly through the muffin cases.
- Using a set of scales to assist you, evenly portion out the cooked chicken and add each portion to the muffin cases and stir through. Finish each quiche with a spoon of the gravy and stir through.
- Place the muffin tray into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the quiche is cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to cool on a wire rack and then store for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.