Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Sugar-free | Grain-free | Air Fryer recipe
Makes 1 serve + extra Salmon for lunch
Why it’s delicious
The combination of broccoli with tender sweet salmon is one I’m particularly fond of, with this way of making your broccoli absolutely delicious. Smash it, keep some whole and enjoy the texture and flavour.
Helpful Hints + Tips
I use an air fryer to cook my salmon, but you could also cook it in the oven by preheating your oven on 200C (390F) and laying a small piece of non-stick baking paper on a roasting tray.
If broccoli is not in season or expensive, you can use frozen broccoli instead.
This recipe requires Bridget's Sticky Sauce, a healthy cooking sauce I use in many of my recipes. It's simple, healthy and packs a lot of flavour without adding unnecessary calories. If you need the recipe, you can get it here.
The broccoli mash will last in the fridge for 4-5 days and can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Freeze flat in zip-lock freezer bags making sure to label and date the contents.
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarb soda)
- 1 tbsp Bridget's Sticky Sauce
- 2 x 125 g (4.4 oz) fresh wild salmon, skin on
- 500 g (1.2 lb) raw or frozen broccoli florets
- ½ tbsp of finely chopped garlic or 4 roast garlic cloves
- 1 small handful mint leaves + a few extra leaves for serving
- Mineral salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp wakame, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the baking soda. The baking soda will help to keep the broccoli vibrant and green.
- Preheat your air fryer to 160C ( 320F) for 2 minutes or preheat your oven (instructions for oven cooking method above) Brush or spoon the sticky sauce over the salmon and then lay on to a rack in your air fryer, cooking for 6-8 minutes or roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- The salmon is cooked perfectly when you gently prod the flesh with a fork, it flakes away easily.
- While the salmon cooks, add the broccoli into the boiling water and cook for 60-90 seconds until just tender. Drain and shake the water from the broccoli really well and add ¾ of the broccoli to a small food processor along with the garlic and blend until smooth.
- Add the mint and a good pinch of salt and grinding of pepper and blend again. Gently fold the whole broccoli through the smashed broccoli and lay the smash on to a plate.
- Top with a piece of salmon and sprinkle with a little wakame before serving and sprinkle over a few whole mint leaves.
Thanks will make this it looks and is great to have the brocoli mash which I will use alot as cannit eat cauliflower
I appreciate your time in compiling great recioes
Bridget ‘zesty dressing recipe’ please….cheers