Gluten-free | Sugar-free | No added fat | Dairy-free | Low carbServes: 1
Cuisine: Bridget's Healthy Kitchen
Course: Lunch / Dinner
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinate time: 30 - 60 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Difficulty: Super easy
My Sticky Sauce recipe is my most requested recipe, as it's healthy and packs a lot of flavour to many dishes without adding unnecessary calories. It's also the cause of the sticky goodness in this salmon dish.
My Sticky Salmon on Broccoli Rice is easy to make, is gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free has no added fat, and is low carb. The best thing, though, It's 100% delicious! This dish is healthy eating at its tastiest.
Hints, tips & tricks
To ensure my salmon is cooked perfectly without using any added oil, I use an air fryer. If you don't own an air fryer, you can cook the salmon in an oven set at 200C (390F) for 10 minutes. If you are using an oven, make sure to place the salmon pieces on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
This recipe requires Bridget's Sticky Sauce, a healthy cooking sauce I use in many of my recipes. It's simple, healthy and packs a lot of flavour without adding unnecessary calories. If you need the recipe, you can get it here.
- 80-100 g (2.8-3.5 oz) fresh salmon, skin left on
- 1 tbsp Bridget's sticky sauce
- 220 g (7.7 oz) raw broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 tsp 100% pure garlic powder
- 5 fresh mint leaves, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 sheet nori, folded and sliced very thinly (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper & Himalayan salt
- Cut the salmon into bite-sized pieces and place it in a small bowl along with the sticky sauce, and cover the salmon generously with the sauce. Leave the salmon to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 160C (320F) or preheat your oven (see details above in helpful hints and tips)
- Place the salmon into your air fryer and cook for 6- 7 minutes until golden and just cooked through.
- While the salmon cooks, prepare the broccoli by placing the florets into a food processor and blend until it resembles rice. Place the broccoli rice into a bowl and microwave on high for 3 1⁄2 minutes. Add a sprinkle of salt and the garlic powder and stir through.
- Serve the warm rice in a bowl topped with the salmon, sprinkle over a little more salt and pepper, and finish with the chopped mint and nori.