Dairy-free | Sugar-free | Gluten-free | No added fat | Easy recipe | Low Carb
Makes enough for 1 serve
Why it's delicious
Start your day off right with a healthy café-style breakfast from the comfort of your home. Avoid the crowds, the “unwanted” ingredients and the high-prices, and enjoy my delicious recipe.
Hints, Tips + Tricks
This recipe requires Bridget's Sticky Sauce, a healthy cooking sauce I use in many of my recipes. It's simple, healthy and packs a lot of flavour without adding unnecessary calories. If you need the recipe, you can get it here.
I’ve used rice cakes for this recipe as I didn’t have any almond or coconut flour on hand to make my Gluten-free English muffins. However, feel free to make some as they only take a few minutes! Get the recipe HERE.
- 200 g (7 oz) mushrooms, sliced into 5mm (¼ inch) slices
- 2 tsp Bridget's Sticky Sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 rice cakes or 1 gluten-free English muffin, sliced in half and lightly toasted
- Small handful of fresh herbs like basil, mint and parsley
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven on bake at 180C (350F)
- Lay the sliced mushrooms in a single layer onto a wire rack, and gently brush the tops of the mushrooms with the sticky sauce. Place the rack on a baking tray and pop the mushrooms into the oven to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, fill a medium-sized pot ¾ full of hot water and add the apple cider vinegar (this will help the egg whites to stay together as they poach). Bring the water to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, remove them from the oven and stack them on top of the Rice cakes or English muffins. Place on a plate, ready to receive your poached eggs.
- Gently break the eggs into the simmering water and cook your eggs for 3-5 minutes (3 minutes if you like the yolk runny and longer if you prefer them more cooked). Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and drain the eggs well before placing one on top of the mushroom muffin and the other on the plate.
- Top the plate with the mini herb salad, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Thank you, Cherie :)