Low Carb English Muffins
Gluten-free | no added fat | Sugar-free | Low carb | Quick & easy
Course: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner | Snack
Difficulty: Super easy
Prep time: 30 seconds
Cook time: 90 seconds
Sometimes a piece of bread is called for, and this little treat is not only gluten-free, but it takes mere minutes to make. My English Muffins are gluten, sugar and fat-free. You can enjoy them as is or toasted for the perfect breakfast treat.
Serve them under poached eggs, smear with avocado or top with juicy tomatoes and a sprinkling of Himalayan salt. Whichever way you choose, my English Muffins are a healthy treat that is so quick and simple to make and so delicious to eat.
Hints, Tips & Tricks
You will need a small microwavable container or mug as well as a microwave for this recipe.
This recipe also calls for nutritional yeast. As well as being a vegan-friendly source of complete protein, B vitamins and trace minerals, it also gives the dish a nice savoury flavour.
You can use this muffin as the foundation for your poached eggs for a healthy eggs benedict. Or you can toast them and use them as a base to smear on avocado or layer with juicy tomatoes and a sprinkle of Himalayan salt.
For more of my gluten-free bread and pastry recipes, check out my eBook!
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 heaped tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, egg and nutritional yeast in a small microwavable container or mug. Stir all ingredients together with a fork until it’s free from any lumps— season with a pinch of salt.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds until the bread seems cooked and is no longer doughy.
- Allow the bread to sit for a minute before removing it from the container or mug.
- Serve whole or slice in half. You can also toast it for the perfect healthy toast.
We haven’t tried cooking them in the oven, but we don’t see why you couldn’t. Try a moderate oven at about 180C for 12-20 minutes, and let us know how you get on :)
Bridget can we cook these in the oven? What temp and for how long? Many thanks 🌸
Thanks for taking the time to comment :) Let us know how you got on!
My husband is going to love these