Gluten-free | no added fat | Sugar-free | Low carb | Quick & easy
Course: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner | Snack
Difficulty: Super easy
Prep time: 30 seconds
Cook time: 90 seconds
Sometimes a piece of bread is called for, and this little treat is not only gluten-free, but it takes mere minutes to make. My English Muffins are gluten, sugar and fat-free. You can enjoy them as is or toasted for the perfect breakfast treat.
Serve them under poached eggs, smear with avocado or top with juicy tomatoes and a sprinkling of Himalayan salt. Whichever way you choose, my English Muffins are a healthy treat that is so quick and simple to make and so delicious to eat.
Hints, Tips & Tricks
You will need a small microwavable container or mug as well as a microwave for this recipe.
This recipe also calls for nutritional yeast. As well as being a vegan-friendly source of complete protein, B vitamins and trace minerals, it also gives the dish a nice savoury flavour.
You can use this muffin as the foundation for your poached eggs for a healthy eggs benedict. Or you can toast them and use them as a base to smear on avocado or layer with juicy tomatoes and a sprinkle of Himalayan salt.
For more of my gluten-free bread and pastry recipes, check out my eBook!
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 heaped tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, egg and nutritional yeast in a small microwavable container or mug. Stir all ingredients together with a fork until it’s free from any lumps— season with a pinch of salt.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds until the bread seems cooked and is no longer doughy.
- Allow the bread to sit for a minute before removing it from the container or mug.
- Serve whole or slice in half. You can also toast it for the perfect healthy toast.