Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free | Easy recipe
Why it’s delicious
These little eggy popovers are the perfect accompaniment to a Sunday roast or ideal to serve with a hearty stew to sop up all the gravy. Serve them straight from the oven, hot, for an extra special treat.
Helpful hints and tips
You will need an electric whisk to make these savoury puddings.
This recipe also calls for nutritional yeast. As well as being a vegan-friendly source of complete protein, B vitamins and trace minerals, it also gives the dish a nice savoury flavour.
- 120 ml (4 FL oz) non dairy milk like unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp mineral salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven on 220C (430F) and line a cupcake tin with 6 cupcake liners.
- Place all the ingredients into a jug or mixing bowl and using an electric whisk, whisk on high for 1 minute until very light and bubbly.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 6 cupcake liners and bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes.
- The puddings will fluff up and may spill over to the top, but will deflate quickly once they are cooked, so serve hot from the oven as soon as they are ready.
You’re most welcome, Pam. We hope you’re enjoying the Holiday season :)
They look marvellous and thank you