February 02, 2023
Feeling Seedy Bread
Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Dairy-free |Grain-free
Makes 1 loaf
Why it’s delicious
Not only is the taste of this bread wonderful but thanks to all the nutritional value in the seeds, this bread is really good for us. Simple and quick to make, you can’t go wrong.
- 3 egg whites at room temperature
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 185 g (6.5 oz) almond flour or meal
- 40 g (1.4 oz) flax or linseeds
- 25 g (0.8 oz) psyllium husks
- 40 g (0.7 oz) hemp seeds or hearts + 2 tbsp for topping the bread
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 240 ml (8 oz) boiling water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven on 180C (350F) and line a loaf tin with non stick baking powder
- Into a mixing bowl add the egg whites and using an electric mixer, whisk until they form soft peaks. Sprinkle the cream of tartar over the whites and continue to whisk until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Into another mixing bowl stir together almond flour, flaxseeds, psyllium husks, 40 grams of hemp seeds, chia seeds, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the boiling water and apple cider vinegar into the almond mixture and stir to combine and then fold in the egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined loaf tin, flatten the top a little and sprinkle over the remaining hemp seeds.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean. You can also check to see if the bread is ready by tapping the base of the bread. It should sound hollow.
- Turn the bread out of the tin to cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Store the bread for up to 5 days in a covered container in the fridge.