Gluten-free | Sugar-free | Grain-free
Makes 7-8 crackers
Why it’s delicious
I like to think of these crackers as a bit of a folly, with so much fun being had with an avocado! They are delightfully flavoured and work well as part of a grazing board of goodies or as a snack on their own. Word of warning, they won't last long as they are very moreish!
- 100 g (3.5 oz) just ripe avocado flesh
- 60 g (2 oz) freshly grated parmesan, aged gouda or vintage cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp mineral salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 150C (300F) and line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients into a mini food processor and process until combined. The mixture does not have to be smooth, just well combined. You may need to scrape the sides of the processor with a spatula half way through the blending to help the mix along its way.
- Scoop out ¾ tablespoon as a cracker measurement and place onto the baking sheet. Use the back of the spoon to get the mixture as flat, round and thin as possible. Wet the back of the spoon very lightly to help spread the mixture. Getting the cracker as thin as possible will help the crackers to cook evenly and crisp up.
- Leaving a 5 cm (2 inch) gap between the crackers for a bit of spreading, repeat the process until all the mixture is used up.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and then turn the tray to ensure even baking and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the crackers are golden brown all over.
- Allow to cool on the rack for 5 minutes so they can firm up a little and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before eating.
- These crackers are best eaten the day they are made or can last if stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.