Gluten-free | Fat-free | Sugar-free | Low carb | Dairy-free
Why it’s delicious
When I need something satisfying and nutritious, I turn to this soup. Made with a simple kombu broth, I add cabbage and vegetables and finish it with shredded roast chicken for a wonderfully comforting bowl of goodness.
Helpful hints and tips
You can use any vegetables you want in your soup! If you don't have cucumber or snow peas, replace them with broccoli or cauliflower florets. It's up to you how you design your soup!
- 1 litre (2.1 pints) Kombu Water
- 2 tbsp tamari, sodium reduced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) roast chicken breast, shredded
- 300 g (10.5 oz) green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 100 g (3.5 oz) button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp wakame
- 10 thin slices of zucchini
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 thin slices cucumber
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 4 snow peas, thinly sliced
- Add the kombu water to a large pot along with the tamari, ginger and garlic and begin to heat on medium temperature.
- Add the chicken and bring to a simmer and then add the cabbage, mushrooms, wakame and zucchini. Gently simmer for a minute or two and then taste for flavour adding a bit of salt and pepper to season the soup.
- Spoon into bowls and finish with the cucumber, coriander and top with a handful of snow peas.