Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Refined sugar-free
Why its delicious
It’s amazing to think that a couple of thoughtful ingredients could make such a fabulous healthy treat. Naturally packed with protein and free from nasties, these wobbly pancakes are not only good to eat but loads of fun as well.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Coconut oil spray for greasing the pan (optional)
- Separate the whites from the egg yolks and place the yolks in a small bowl or blender. Add the banana to the egg yolks along with the cinnamon and blend, or mash then whisk until well combined.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks that hold their shape when the whisk is removed. Fold the whites gently through the banana mixture , being as light as possible. If the mixture looks lumpy, that's perfectly alright!
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and spray lightly with coconut oil or if using no oil, lay a piece of non-stick baking paper into the base of the pan. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture to form a pancake and cook for 60-90 seconds on one side before carefully flipping and continuing to cook on the other side for a further 30-60 seconds.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and continue cooking till all the batter is used up.
- Serve immediately, with or without your favourite toppings. I enjoyed these with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a light sprinkle of Zero As Sugar Pure Erythritol.