Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Sugar-free
Makes 1 muffin
Why It’s Delicious
I love these blueberry muffins as they are good for the body and the brain and the taste buds! Feed your brain and satisfy your sweet tooth with my Blueberry BRAIN Muffin.
Helpful Hints and Tips
You will need a microwave and food processor to make this super quick recipe.
This recipe calls for inulin powder, a soluble fibre derived from plant-based sources. It is prebiotic, making it a fantastic ingredient for our gut health, and it's also a healthy alternative to sugar. You can read more information about inulin powder --> here. Or, if you're wondering where to purchase some, we sell 100% Chicory Inulin Powder for home delivery*! Find out more --> here.
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ tbsp almond meal or flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp blueberries + extra for serving
- 3 tsp Pure as Inulin Powder + extra for dusting
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of mixed spice
- ½ tbsp unsweetened coconut yoghurt, optional to serve
- Place all the ingredients into a small food processor and blend quickly to combine. Pour the mixture into a microwavable mug and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Turn the muffin out of the mug and let it cool for a minute or two before eating. Serve with extra blueberries, a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and a dusting of inulin powder.