Gluten-free | no added fat | sugar-free | low carb | Quick recipe
Why it’s delicious
Let's consider the purple cabbage and how delicious it is. Sweet and tender, the brilliant colour that sets itself apart from the common green or white cabbage is actually great for our bodies too. Naturally higher in Vitamin C than the white variety, the antioxidants that give this cabbage its vibrant colour is also responsible for helping our body hormones metabolise fat while at the same time suppressing our appetite. Win win for the purple cabbage stir fry!
- 1 tbsp Bridget's Sticky Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chicken or turkey breast, thinly sliced
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g (7 oz) purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) water or Kombu Water
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, basil, chives or chervil leaves
- Heat a large frying pan or wok on medium heat and add the sticky sauce, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir fry for 60-90 seconds or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper and then add the cabbage and continue to stir fry for a further couple of minutes or until the cabbage begins to soften slightly. Add the water and stir/ steam the cabbage for another minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the fresh chopped herbs and stir through. Taste for flavour, adding more seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately or if meal prepping, allow it to cool before placing in the container.